- Only 10% of women file a complaint with the police
- Nearly 42% of women wait for 13 years before looking for help at one of our centres
- 76.3% of requests are connected to incest or sexual assault in childhood or adolescence
- More than 47.5% of the women are 30 years old and older
- Victims may remain silent for a very long time because of the shame, guilt and fear associated with sexual violence
- 96.8% of sex offenders are known to the victims
- 87% of sexual assaults are perpetrated in private homes
- 39% of sexual assaults take place in a dwelling that both victim and assailant share,16% at the victim's dwelling, 22% in the assailant's dwelling,6.3% in a public place, 4% at workplace or school and 1.4% in public transportation
- More than 27% of women and teenage girls ask a CALACS for help in the year following the assault
- 15.3% of assailants are teenage boys
In 2014-2015, the CALACS received 1 850 new requests for assistance. 80% of these came from women and adolescents requesting help for the first time. Meetings on an individual basis represent 80% of service hours and group meetings 20%. Interventions are for individual followups, group meetings, judicial or medical assistance, support for families and friends and references.
The CALACS have met with 35 939 people through their prevention and awareness activities of which 29 943 were with students in schools. The CALACS also offer training to community groups, institutional staff such as social workers, medical, justice and police personel. A total of 5 996 people were reached by theses activities.
The general public is reached through events, conferences and media interventions.
Les personnes intéressées ont jusqu'au 20 mai 2019 pour soumettre leur candidature au poste d'agente de liaison au volet diversité et intersectionnalité et au poste d'agente de liaison à l'analyse des enjeux et incidences politiques.
The Quebec Coalition of Sexual Assault Centers (RQCALACS) and its members highlight, on Friday September 21st 2018, the 37th day of action on sexual violence against women by launching a new campaign: Ça me regarde!
Le RQCALACS offre un contrat d’un an, avec possibilité de renouvellement, à une agente de liaison responsable du volet analyse des enjeux et incidences politiques.
CALACS On the map
NO to Sexual Assaults : Together We Can Do It!